[Matroska-devel] Segment hard/soft/medium linking

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Mar 14 11:39:55 CET 2005

I have added a new element in the specs to handle medium linking. It's
"ChapterSegmentUID" which is a segment UID that takes place of a dummy
chapter. So that the content of that segment is played in place of that
chapter. There is still a pending problem with that, since start/end
time shouldn't apply here (to allow changing them independantly of other
segments). But so far "ChapterTimeStart" is mandatory. This change is
easy to do in the specs/code. But does it make sense and what is the
impact ???

KaxChapterSegmentUID was added to libmatroska. An recompilation of
mkvmerge with the SVN build of libmatroska should allow this from XML
files directly.