[Matroska-devel] MKV DVD structure & player certification?

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Mar 13 11:20:51 CET 2005

DigitalRise a écrit :
> Hi,

> We are planning a new DVD player and want to know some points about "MKV
> DVD's". This means:

Great idea !

> 1. Is there an official MKV DVD structure defined like for
> Standard-DVD's or WMV HD DVD's
> (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=41935)?

Nop, we don't have such a thing. The Matroska DVDs would probably be
like DivX CDRs or DVDRs. The user is free to put his files in any
directory. Non .mkv / .mka files should be ignored (unless they are
other file types you support).

> 2. A certificate for DVD Players a la "MKV certified" is available?

Not yet. We are going to redefine (or refine) the hardware profiles we
created a long time ago. They will include the list of codec to support,
the list of features to support, the resolutions, max bitrate, etc.

> 3. If a certificate is available, how to get it?

We'll create some test files for each profile. But we don't have any
"official" certification planned. It might come when we define the logo
to put on hardware devices (like yours).