[Matroska-devel] Re: Fwd: [vlc-devel] Google Video Viewer released

Atamido paul at msn.com
Tue Jun 28 06:10:35 CEST 2005

Jory Stone wrote:
> Steve Lhomme wrote:
>
>>Maybe it can read Matroska files too :D
>

> John had looked at it and found that mkv support was commented out. :/
> Along with many other formats. I'm guessing they did it to trim down the
> size, their website says the download is about 1MB.

Here is the link he was looking at.
http://code.google.com/vlc-diff.txt

The relevant lines would be
-  !insertmacro RegisterExtensionSection ".mka"
-  !insertmacro RegisterExtensionSection ".mkv"
+;  !insertmacro RegisterExtensionSection ".avi"
+;  !insertmacro RegisterExtensionSection ".mpeg"
+;  !insertmacro RegisterExtensionSection ".mpg"

There doesn't seem to be any other reference to "Matroska" or "ebml" so
it might be possible that someone could re-add those lines and just
compile the plugin with the necessary libraries.

Atamido