[Matroska-devel] Re: USF: PixiShow, Ruby Tested, a ChronoSub bug

Luca Della Santina lucads at email.it
Sun Jun 26 11:48:34 CEST 2005

liisa wrote:

>For those who are interested,
>GraphEdit/video screenshots,
>sample USF and sample MKV are here:
>
>http://usf.subforge.net/20050625.php

Very nice examples liisa, i'd like to ask you a favor to you: can you
prepare a sample usf file with some advanced stuffs (mainly ruby &
non-ANSI characters and what good comes in your mind) in order to deeply
dest the filter?

>In my test, PixiShow_20050619.exe didn't regsvr32 properly,
>so I regsvr32'ed the filter manually.

I'll provide a new installer with different filter registration this
afternoon, i hope it'll work better than the previous regsvr32 stuff.

>Plus, I had to configure Haali filter, so that
>VSFitler compat. will be "No".

I have to speak with Haali about this point.

>ChronoSub is poor at handling special characters.
>For instance,
>
> Alice & Bob: Oh?
>
>would be like this in SSA/ASS:
>
>Dialogue: ... ,sty1,Alice & Bob,0000,0000,0000,,Oh?
>
>ChronoSub converts it into this USF element:
>
><text style="sty1" speaker="Alice & Bob" effect="">
>
>which should be
>
><text style="sty1" speaker="Alice & Bob" effect="">

I didn't know about this needed conversion of the "&" character, i'll
provide bugfixes as soon as possible, are there other special characters?

Thank you very much liisa.