[Matroska-devel] Re: Dirac codec in Matroska, possible ?

Atamido paul at msn.com
Wed Jun 8 16:04:17 CEST 2005

kurtnoise at free.fr wrote:
> I'd like to submit a new request for his great container : to have the
> possibility to mux some dirac video files into mkv. Dirac is video codec which
> aimed at resolutions from QCIF (180x144) to HDTV (1920x1080) progressive or
> interlaced. It uses wavelets, motion compensation and arithmetic coding.
> Official website is here : http://dirac.sourceforge.net/

This was discussed at length with the project manager of Dirac here.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.multimedia.matroska.devel/2224

But he stopped responding and that was really that.  I don't know that
actually working on Dirac at the moment is fruitful because I don't know
that the basic parts of the bitstream have been frozen yet.

Atamido