[Matroska-devel] Dirac codec in Matroska, possible ?

kurtnoise at free.fr kurtnoise at free.fr
Wed Jun 8 08:47:16 CEST 2005

Hi Matroska team,

I'd like to submit a new request for his great container : to have the
possibility to mux some dirac video files into mkv. Dirac is video codec which
aimed at resolutions from QCIF (180x144) to HDTV (1920x1080) progressive or
interlaced. It uses wavelets, motion compensation and arithmetic coding.
Official website is here : http://dirac.sourceforge.net/

In addition, there are some patches now for MPlayer, Transcode and FFMpeg to
encode & decode those files. For win32 plateform, Gabest has made a dshow
splitter...So, it would be great if we can mux dirac files in Matroska. ;-)

Thanks anyway.

++
Kurtnoise