[Matroska-devel] Re: [Feauture REQ] - Support for Nero Digital MP4 Splitter

3ngel tlen at gawab.com
Thu Jun 2 21:19:43 CEST 2005

Stephan Verhoeven <grotesteph <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Uhm, I'm not sure i understand this.
> First of all, Haali's splitter doesnt decode anything. Its unthinkable
> that the 3ivx splitter would connect to Haalis splitter unless
> something really weird is going on.
> Second of all, why would you need a mp4 splitter if you extracted the
> stream to AVI?

Haali can decode MP4 with the option selected in the installation process.
For the splitting i don't know why, but i think it's related to the structure
of the Nero Digital MP4 ASP video content into the avi.
Without the 3ivx, the video doesn't decode saying can't connect. I repeat, the
ND video format is quite strange in this kind of thing.