[Matroska-devel] Problem with recent versions of Haali splitter?

Michael Berganovsky mike0berg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 00:08:42 CEST 2005

I noticed strange problem with recent versions of Haali matroska
splitter. I have a couple of MKV files which I am playing directly
from  DVD media using Zoom Player. Nothing special - DivX 5.21 video
stream, ogg and AC3 audio streams. My computers are fast enough
(nothing slower then 2 CPU 2GHz P4) - and it works perfectly with
splitter verion 26/06/2005 and earlier. When updated to recent
versions video playback is very jumpy - it seems to get frozen for a
couple of seconds every now and then. This seems to be connected with
accessing media (LED on DVD reader is lighting at exactly the same
moment as video freezes). With old splitter DVD was accessed with
regular intervals which seems to be not true anymore. Did somebody see
it and is there a way around the problem?

Thank You