[Matroska-devel] [Fwd: [gst-devel] DirectX sinks for Windows status]

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Jul 22 20:33:56 CEST 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [gst-devel] DirectX sinks for Windows status
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:32:09 +0200
From: Michal Benes <michal.benes at xeris.cz>
To: Maciej Katafiasz <ml at mathrick.org>,	Jamie Macbeth
<macbeth at ccrma.Stanford.EDU>, chris at matroska.org,	barady at radtime.com,
barady at radtime.com,	gstreamer-devel <gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>

Hello everybody (interested),

	I am sending a new status report about sinks for Windows. At last, I
had success and I was able build working audio and video sink. You can
find all the information at the new project page
http://gstreamer.xeris.cz/

	Also, we have a first working video player for Windows based on
GStreamer framework, check screenshots at
http://gstreamer.xeris.cz/ixion.html

	As I am neither DirectX nor GStreamer expert, I would welcome any help
from you.

	First of all, the GStreamer port to Windows seems to be quite unstable,
I suspect there may be some problems with the assembler code in
GStreamer and plugins. I am using MinGW with GCC 3.4.2 (are there any
known issues?).

	My next project is to fill the Windows related bugs to bugzilla.

	And once more: any feedback is welcomed.

	Regards

		Michal