[Matroska-devel] Apple's Core Audio File container format

Atamido paul at msn.com
Tue Jul 12 04:07:59 CEST 2005

Hi all,

It hasn't really been publicized much yet, but Apple has a new
container file format called CAF:

    http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MusicAudio/Reference/CAFSpec/

CAF files current support integer and float PCM formats, A-law,
u-law and a number of others including AAC and Apple's own Apple
Lossless Audio Codec (alac).

I have already implemented support for what I can (PCM, A-law,
u-law) in a libsndfile pre-release:

     http://www.mega-nerd.com/tmp/libsndfile-1.0.12pre10.tar.gz

and I'm thinking of adding support for FLAC in a CAF container
as well. Is anyone else working on this? If so please let me
know so we can agree on how FLAC should be contained with CAF.

Cheers,
Erik
Castro Lopo nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)