[Matroska-devel] [Fwd: Problems with audio and mkv]

ChristianHJW christian at matroska.org
Sat Jul 9 20:48:12 CEST 2005

??? What could be the problem with current Xine MKV demuxer ? Mosu ?
Anybody ?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Problems with audio and mkv
Datum: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 23:30:49 -0500
Von: Dashnak <dashnak at gmail.com>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.video.xine.user

Hello everyone.
I just discovered some problems with my Xine:
While trying to play some mkv files ripped by me (And which I legally
own by the way, just to make that clear), I found that; while the video
and subtitles play just fine, there's no audio at all. I tried all
channels and still nothing. I played them with VLC in both windows and
linux and they worked just fine. The audio stream is mp3 in some and ogg
in others. And not all of the files ripped by me don't work. This is
really odd. Also, when I check the stream properties, Xine "sees"
perfectly the video, but it' just as if the audio track isn't even
there, it doesn't appear in the properties dialog whatsoever. While
writing this I also found out that trying to play my Aliens Vs. Predator
rip crashes Xine for some reason, and that VLC doesn't have a problem,
but anyway...
I would really like to find a way to fix this, I don't like using VLC in
linux, Xine rocks!! Hehehe. Its perfomance and image quality are awesome.
I'm using Kubuntu 5.04 (I really can't remember whether that's warthy or
hoary).
My libxine is 1.0-1ubuntu3.2 and I'm using xine-ui 0.99.3-1ubuntu1
Thanks a lot for your time.

--
"No hay cacería como la cacería del hombre; y aquellos que han
cazadohombres armados por suficiente

"La mujer fue hecha del hombre -- no de su cabeza para gobernarlo; ni de
sus pies, para ser pisoteada
por él; sino de su costado, para ser igual a él -- bajo su brazo, para
que pueda protegerla, y cerca
de su corazón para que pueda amarla."
-Matthew Henry

"Tienes que enfrentar la posibilidad de que a Dios no le agradas. Con
toda probabilidad, te odia..."
"Sólo al perder todo somos libres para hacer algo..."
"Tienes que darte cuenta de algún día vas a morir. Hasta que lo sepas,
eres inútil..."
"En un período de tiempo lo suficientemente largo, la tasa de
supervivencia de todos cae a cero..."
-Fight Club