[Matroska-devel] seeking is borked in 2nd segment of two segment mkv file + a prob with chapters

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Jan 23 22:40:15 CET 2005

Hey,

On Sunday 23 January 2005 22:13, Vincent wrote:

> another question (i also asked it in corecocodec matroska forum but
> because that place looked kinda desolate i will repeat it here): i
> cant find a way to use "&" symbol in a matroska chapter name. i've
> tried several encoding types for ogm chapter file, tried to manually
> indicate encoding in mkvmerge, tried using matroska xml chapter file,
> tried using vdub as muxer - all of no avail.

& is a special character in XML files. You have to write &
instead. The same is true for < and > which are < and >
respectively. mmg's chapter editor does this automatically.

There's nothing special about & in OGM style chapter files, though, so
mkvmerge will simply read them as they are. No need to specify an
encoding either.

> "&" symbol in a chapter name is always missing in output file (Band &
> Dancers -> Band Dancers). what am i doing wrong?

Are 100% sure that it is missing in the output file? Try running mkvinfo
on it. Also post the chapter files you've tried. I've just tried the
attached files with mkvmerge and they both work fine.

Mosu