[Matroska-devel] Re: Haali's parser: feature request

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Jan 16 01:05:47 CET 2005

Christian HJ Wiesner a écrit :
> Mike Matsnev schrieb:

>>> Thanks, Good to know.
>>> (The question for me is if Blight should adapt ZP now to your todays
>>> build or should he wait till it works as a file source async
>>> filter...). I don't think that he will adapt ZP again & again...(but
>>> I hope so)
>>

>> After thinking this over I decided no to implement this. Unfortunately
>> my filter already can read from multiple files, and this functionality
>> is important to the project. I think it will be too much effort to
>> read many files via File Source.
>> /Mike

I agree with Mike. The multiple segment support in various files is more
important than the Async reader. That was also my choice for MkxDS (also
because it's easier to code). Now maybe an option for later would be to
take the part that handles the file(s) reading out of this filter and
create a communication path so that it works as now. But this way the
"file-less" filter might be able to use the Async reader as well ?

> As a result of this decision, i guess your splitter will also be
> incompatible with XCD ? Not that i care much, because with DVD burners
> becoming common i dont think anybody will use XCD any longer, but maybe
> some older files cant be played directlyy from XCDs this way.
>
> What about connecting to HTTP streaming reader filters, like the one
> provided by M$ ? Is there any other way to be able to connect to them ?

Use VLC :p