[Matroska-devel] Re: Haali's parser: feature request

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sat Jan 15 21:04:41 CET 2005

Mike Matsnev schrieb:

> filewalker wrote:
>
>>> This is planned in the future and shouldnt be hard to do.
>>
>> Thanks, Good to know.
>> (The question for me is if Blight should adapt ZP now to your todays
>> build or should he wait till it works as a file source async
>> filter...). I don't think that he will adapt ZP again & again...(but
>> I hope so)
>
> After thinking this over I decided no to implement this. Unfortunately
> my filter already can read from multiple files, and this functionality
> is important to the project. I think it will be too much effort to
> read many files via File Source.
> /Mike

As a result of this decision, i guess your splitter will also be
incompatible with XCD ? Not that i care much, because with DVD burners
becoming common i dont think anybody will use XCD any longer, but maybe
some older files cant be played directlyy from XCDs this way.

What about connecting to HTTP streaming reader filters, like the one
provided by M$ ? Is there any other way to be able to connect to them ?