[Matroska-devel] Not a bug but a missing feature

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Jan 11 16:47:57 CET 2005

Keeper of Demons schrieb:

>But, I still find there's one missing feature: some videos have info on resizing
>image to a new aspect ratio. For instance, the video stream inside the mkv
>container might have an aspect ratio of 1.467 but asks to be played at an aspect
>ratio of 1.333.  This info, however, doesn't seem to be passed on by the Haali
>Splitter. If you could add this feature, please... :)  (I tested this on
>Zoomplyer 4.3b2

Attention ! Blight, the author of Zoomplayer, added reading the AR from
the track header from Toff's special DShow interface, the same Toff
implemented into Gabest's splitter. I cant say too much about this
interface, just that it sits somehow on top of DShow. Toff can hopefully
tell us more, i cant find the link to the doc he made about it. I assume
we have to add this interface to Haali's new splitter also ?