[Matroska-devel] Not a bug but a missing feature

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Tue Jan 11 12:47:11 CET 2005

Keeper of Demons a écrit :
> Hi, I haven't exeperienced any bugs with the latest build (at least, not yet :)
> ), chapters are working, VSfilter is loading (the patched version of VSfilter).

Hi,

> But, I still find there's one missing feature: some videos have info on resizing
> image to a new aspect ratio. For instance, the video stream inside the mkv
> container might have an aspect ratio of 1.467 but asks to be played at an aspect
> ratio of 1.333.  This info, however, doesn't seem to be passed on by the Haali
> Splitter. If you could add this feature, please... :)  (I tested this on
> Zoomplyer 4.3b2 with and without VSfilter autoloading ~thought maybe VSfilter
> was the problem, but it wasn't~).

This feature is strange to me. From what I understood in the past it
both depends on the player and the filter. So you first have to make
sure that the feature works with Gabest's filter and ZP before testing
Haali's splitter instead.

Alternatively you can use the new interface of CoreCodec to post a
Feature Request for the filter.

http://corecodec.org/tracker/?atid=272&group_id=49&func=browse

Haali should receive an email when something is added for the Category
"DirectShow filter".