[Matroska-devel] Re: [mosu] r2701 - trunk/prog/video/mkvtoolnix/src/merge

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Jan 10 10:56:05 CET 2005

Hey,

> >The duration for each file should be reset even when linking files.
>
> Mosu, I think we need to discuss that one. I think there are cases where
> it's needed and some case where the time should "continue".

I've done it on Haali's request, and I think it's way more logical this
way. So far, every part in a set of linked files had a duration of
"start until the end of this file", and that's very confusing and pretty
much unusable IMHO. Either every file contains only its duration, or
every file contains the duration of all parts together.

Just my 2c.

Mosu