[Matroska-devel] Spec Change (chapter start time)

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Jan 9 11:01:57 CET 2005

Mike Matsnev a écrit :
> Steve Lhomme wrote:
>
>> PS: It has been decided that for infinite still frames we will use a
>> "custom" command, using our own Chapter Codec. But we need to define
>> it now, so that I can add it to DMX (for the moment it outputs
>> something with a big TODO).
>>
>> What kind of command should it be ?
>> - loop this ChapterAtom infinitely
>> - loop this ChapterAtom a given number of time (-1 = infinite)
>> - jump to a given timecode
>>
>> I prefer option #2
>
> This is tricky to implement because you need to attach state to such
> chapters. I'd vote for #3
>
>> Also how are we going to store our commands ? A statis struct-like
>> format ? Or something EBML like ? With the command ID, the length of
>> the command and the command data...
>
> Use plain ascii.

OK, I added a command similar to what you find in Flash ActionScript.
Maybe if we need some commands we could reuse these ones, as many people
already know ActionScript. The syntax of ActionScript is similar to
javascript, C and the rest of the family. Each line ends with a ; and
you can have lines with comments using // or /* */.

The first command defined is :
GotoAndPlay(UID);

Jump to the chapter which UID is specified and start playback. Using
timecode is not a good idea because for FlagOrdered = 1, the timecode
can be reused many times.

I'm going to document thatt right away in the chapters spec.