[Matroska-devel] Spec Change (chapter start time)

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Jan 7 15:22:57 CET 2005

Mike Matsnev a écrit :
> Steve Lhomme wrote:
>
>> In the specs the ChapterTimeStart is mandatory at all levels. But that
>> has no sense for EditionFlagOrdered = 1.  I'm thinking about removing
>> the mandatory property. Any objections ?
>
> So what's the meaning of such chapters? Can they be safely ignored?

1) logically grouping elements
2) knowning the corresponding DVD level (SS, PGC, Program, Cell, etc) of
this group (through the corresponding CodecPrivate)

This way when you encounter a JumpSS you are going to jump to that
group. It would be much complicated with a flat list because each cell
(the lower level of DVDs) would need to contain the SS, PGC, Program it
refers to.