[Matroska-devel] suggestion for Haali's splitter

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Jan 4 23:08:02 CET 2005

Hey,

> The problem is that the filter should, for my taste, only autoload one
> subtitle if "Make default track" is selected in MKVMerge, otherwise the
> splitter shouldn't autoload the subtitle.
> Or is there another idea/benefit behind MKVMerge's "Make default
> track"-feature?

There are two things to keep in mind here.

1. The quesion whether or not to show subtitles AT ALL is totally up to
   the user. This is not set in the Matroska file at the moment,
   although we've added a "forced playback" flag for that a while ago.

2. IF subs should be shown THEN (and only then) does the "default track"
   come into play. It is a hint for the player which track to chose if
   the user hasn't selected a specific one.

Mosu