[Matroska-devel] Re: Haali parser: Suggestions for Audio StreamSwitcher

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Jan 3 18:36:46 CET 2005

Hey,

> How is extracting Speex from Ogg different from Vorbis from Ogg?
> Other than getting the samplerate, shouldn't all of the data packets
> be stored the same?

Even for Vorbis I extract the number of samples from the packets. This
cannot be gotten from the Ogg container itself because there may be
several packets in one page, and only a page has a timestamp. (This is
the same we have with lacing, but we do have a default duration which
Ogg does not have.)

Mosu