[Matroska-devel] mmg.exe 2 Bugs Related to Charset

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Jan 1 11:47:08 CET 2005

Hey,

Happy New Year :)

I've created a new build for you to test. It does not convert the
command line to UTF-8 anymore but leaves it just like it
is. Furthermore, Haali suggested to me that I use "GetCommandLineW()" in
mkvmerge and parse that myself instead of using the "argc/argv"
parameters that the program gets handed because Windows obviously does
some charset reencoding for argv itself. This I've done, and it does
work for me on Windows XP and Windows 98 with German "Umlaute" in the
file name. Granted, mkvmerge's output under command.com did not keep the
Umlaute intact, but running it from mmg was fine. The files created were
identical in both cases.

Could you please download and test
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/pre//mkvtoolnix-1.0-build20050101-1.rar
for me? Thanks.