[Matroska-devel] new codec for video

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Dec 27 17:20:59 CET 2005

Matej schrieb:

> I've get film, and I saw that it could not play in my BSplayer, so I
> looked at file extension and I saw .mkv, so I went to www.filext.com
> <http://www.filext.com/>, and there I figured out it is new kind of
> format… Why the fuck do you have to contaminate net, why the fuck do I
> have to download fucking codec for films, could me mpg, avi, wmv no it
> must be new, huh. Then maybe more crazy morons try to convert films
> into your format, why, why?. Stop contaminating; there was no need for
> you format, just waste of time, besides who would use codec with such
> ugly name like ‘Matroska’ damn it west don’t like fuckin’ communist
> names (even if it is now ‘Russia’), youp the name Hollywood would love
> to use. I can think of better name, say .mmf (markup language media
> format – that should be tha name for everything).
>
> Thank, you… I couldn enjoy more than downloading your codec. Die bitches.

You have no clue what you are talking about. matroska is a container,
not a codec or a format. matroska can contain MPEG1/2/4, DivX, MP3,
etc.. How can you DARE to insult other people without having any kind of
knowledge about what they are actually doing, or trying to achieve ?
After all, it's the choice of the people making and distributing the
movie to go for MKV, and to not use any of the other known containers,
like AVI or ASF. You got something for free from the internet, you
didn't pay a penny for it. How can you actually even CONSIDER to
complain about the container it is distributed in ? I bet you are
nothing but a stupid leecher, one of the guys who always download but
never upload, and then even complain how the author of the movie could
dare to use a container they are not familiar with.

You Sir, suck !

Christian
matroska project admin