[Matroska-devel] [Fwd: Tag problems]

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Thu Aug 25 12:18:00 CEST 2005

Forwarding to matroska-devel

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	Tag problems
Datum: 	Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:16:54 +0200
Von: 	onet <yang at op.pl>
An: 	<chris at matroska.org>

Hi there.

Hope i write to right person. Ok i have a little problem. I were using
mkvmerge GUI v 1.5.5 to create mkv, but i wished to make multilanguage tags
for tracks name. I was testing most of the specified tag
(http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/tagging/index.html) but this didnt
work.mkvmerge tels me " <SimpleTag> is not a valid child element of <Tag>"
and from specification and egzamples i read it should be just like that. I
was trying to find some answears in google and mailing list, but without
luck (or answers were camuflaged in flood of massive text about progaming.
So after few hours of searching i decided to contact somebody who actualy
can help me.
BTW http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/tagging/tagexamples/example.xml
have no big leters, so it wont work also.

And if you are still reading this, i hope you can help me out. I was trying
to make something similar to chapter naming:
   <ChapterAtom>
     <ChapterUID>3980192328</ChapterUID>
     <ChapterFlagHidden>0</ChapterFlagHidden>
     <ChapterFlagEnabled>1</ChapterFlagEnabled>
     <ChapterTrack>
      <ChapterTrackNumber>2</ChapterTrackNumber>
     </ChapterTrack>
     <ChapterDisplay>
       <ChapterString>Opening</ChapterString>
       <ChapterLanguage>eng</ChapterLanguage>
      </ChapterDisplay>
      <ChapterDisplay>
       <ChapterString>Piosenka poczatkowa</ChapterString>
       <ChapterLanguage>pol</ChapterLanguage>
      </ChapterDisplay>
     <ChapterTimeStart>00:00:00.000000000</ChapterTimeStart>
   </ChapterAtom>
So if you have english system the name will be "Opening", if you have polish
the name will be "Piosenka poczatkowa". I already did this with mkvgui
chapter editor. But i wish to make something with tags. Like dependable on
what system you have the name of the track will be in other language.
I also was wondering, if its posible to make such xml code, that you can
change default subtitles and default audio track, dependable on your system?
Becouse it would be a great thing in creating multilanguage files.

Reagards
Yang