[Matroska-devel] Dr. DivX going OS

David Wolstencroft wolstencroft at alum.rpi.edu
Tue Aug 16 00:41:25 CEST 2005

'sup guys?

After a short IRC discussion with ChrisHJW about some recent events, it
was suggested that I post to the list that I inform you that Dr. DivX
2.0 is going to be an open source project. You can read more about it
here: http://expandinglimits.com/drdivx/

I don't know much about the project yet as no code or libraries have
been posted yet, but it will fall under the LGPL. Also, not all of the
code will be open source, namely the DivX codec and the DivX Media
Format muxer - although I am told that documents describing the format
in more detail may become available. Of course, this leaves a hole that
can be patched by Matroska to make it even more open.

Have fun guys.

- David
(aka LordRPI)