[Matroska-devel] USF playback support on Linux

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Aug 7 22:54:12 CEST 2005

Hi devs,

i was talking with BBB of the Gstreamer team about if they could use
pixifier in some form. He made clear to me that a DELPHI library is of
no use at all, it had to be C/C++ and with the correct language entry
points.

I was thinking maybe we could somehow make and use a DLL from pixifier,
but BBB denied that. He thinks not even a SO file would help, even if
there was a usable DELPHI compiler for Linux already.

In short, we need to rewrite pixifier in C or C++, so that USF could
conquer the Linux world, and thus could gain a significant advantage
compared to SSA/ASS. And BTW, only gstreamer 0.8.0 could have subtitles
support right now. 0.9.0 does not have subs support right now, they are
still fighting how its going to look.

 Regards