[Matroska-devel] Re: MingW conflict, was : DirectX sinks for Windows status

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Aug 2 22:39:24 CEST 2005

Michal Benes schrieb:

>Hi Christian,good to hear from you :-)
>
>Christian HJ Wiesner píše v Ne 31. 07. 2005 v 11:55 +0200:
>

>>2. I can open the Ixion.exe now, and the player will start fine, no need
>>to use Ixion.bat anymore
>>

>I had no time to try this. But are you sure that Ixion can find all
>plugins if GST_PLUGIN_PATH and PATH are not set Ixion/plugins?

I dont see any difference, it doesnt play any files here anyhow. It's
just that with the old version, i couldnt start the GUI at all when not
running the .bat, and now it works fine with the .exe even.

>>a. Can you implement the basic gstreamer audio and video tests into the
>>GUI ? Again, if i copy all the libs into the player main router i can
>>start audio and the first of the two video tests ( but only the first )
>>you named me the command line. I believe these 3 basic tests should be
>>callable from the GUI for the normal user, they cant mess with CLI.
>>

>This is strange if You can run the first but not the second video test,
>it would mean that ffmpegcolorspace plugin is not working. This plugin
>is used in Ixion and it is quite important part of it (it converts
>between various colorspaces), Ixion will not work without it. Please try
>to run the test with --gst-debug-level=4 parameter and send me the
>output. I have no idea what this could be, I never had problems with
>ffmpegcolorspace.

Here a screenshot showing what is happening when i am trying to run this
command :

http://wiesneronline.net/downloads/gst-launch.PNG

Regards