[Matroska-devel] Errors on tests' compiling [Was: Re: libebml documentation]

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò dgp85 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 28 18:25:06 CEST 2004

Steve Lhomme wrote:
> You can have a look at libmatroska in the /test/mux/ directory. The
> example are not complete but show how you should use the EBML classes
> and create your own classes over them.
I tried reading them and I was trying to compile them to check exactly
what they do, but I'm having trouble in this: building them using the
normal gcc test6.cpp -o test6, I have errors on my gentoo's gcc 3.4:

test6.cpp:125:63: converting to execution character set: Invalid or
incomplete multibyte or wide character
test6.cpp:323:53: converting to execution character set: Invalid or
incomplete multibyte or wide character
test6.cpp:352:49: converting to execution character set: Invalid or
incomplete multibyte or wide character
test6.cpp:355:48: converting to execution character set: Invalid or
incomplete multibyte or wide character

Instead trying to compile libmatroska under macos using the gentoo for
osx support, I have a lot of errors stating

/usr/include/ebml/IOCallback.h:89: error: template with C linkage
/usr/include/ebml/IOCallback.h:93: error: template with C linkage

this for quite all the files.
Trying to build it using Xcode 1.1 was also unsuccessful.

This is quite a strange fact actually, because libebml compiled just
fine using gentoo for macosx (so building it the linux way I think).

TIA
--
Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò