[Matroska-devel] "CD-in-Matroska", some questions regarding the implementation of indices

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Sep 27 13:33:34 CEST 2004

Vegard Pettersen a écrit :

> First of all, is it legal for a track to have only INDEX 00, according to the
> Red Book?
> Example:
> ---
> TRACK 12
> TITLE "FOO"
> PERFORMER "BAR"
> INDEX 00 00:12:34
> TRACK 13
> TITLE "BAR"
> PERFORMER "FOO"
> INDEX 01 00:22:34
> ---

Only someone with access to the red-book could tell :) (maybe alexnoe ?)
But I think it's impossible since the CD player has to seek on INDEX 01
(I saw that yesterday in my CD player, the CD-Text info was displayed
between INDEX 00 and INDEX 01, but when you seek you get to INDEX 01)

> Next up, the way I read what little I have currently found about the CD-TEXT
> standard ( http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq03.html#S3-28 ), I am slightly suspicious
> that the ITTS-standard (Interactive Text Transmission System) allows for data
> (character-encoded text and JPEG's) to be stored on a per-indice basis as
> well as per-cd and per-track.

That's probably an addition over what is possible with CD-TEXT.

> Can anyone help clarify that, and offer some viewpoints on how this should be
> approached?

If you want text and images, you just put them as attachment and add
them in the tag.