[Matroska-devel] "CD-in-Matroska", some questions regarding the implementation of indices

Vegard Pettersen vegard_p at broadpark.no
Sat Sep 25 18:54:30 CEST 2004

First of all, is it legal for a track to have only INDEX 00, according to the
Red Book?
Example:
---
TRACK 12
TITLE "FOO"
PERFORMER "BAR"
INDEX 00 00:12:34
TRACK 13
TITLE "BAR"
PERFORMER "FOO"
INDEX 01 00:22:34
---

Next up, the way I read what little I have currently found about the CD-TEXT
standard ( http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq03.html#S3-28 ), I am slightly suspicious
that the ITTS-standard (Interactive Text Transmission System) allows for data
(character-encoded text and JPEG's) to be stored on a per-indice basis as
well as per-cd and per-track.
Can anyone help clarify that, and offer some viewpoints on how this should be
approached?

Cheers,
Vegard