[Matroska-devel] Multi-Angle

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Sep 17 13:11:41 CEST 2004

> Nop, only for the frames that have different angle. But it's true for a
> solution that would use only Block2... So apparently the discussion is
> now between a standard Track with TrackOverlay or a semi-Track with
> TrackAssociate.

One problem of this solution is that it makes the player quite more
complex, compared to a single track with all frames marked with their
angle. We will need a kind of video-mixer filter in DShow to decide
which frames should be decoded for what codec (hopefully the CPU will
not decode all angles during playback!) and put in the rendering window.
I'd like to get the opinion of the DShow experts on that. Because no
player is able to do that for the moment.