[Matroska-devel] Re: Multi-Angle

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Sep 17 13:05:12 CEST 2004

Paul Bryson a écrit :

>>2. 'Put angles in the same track sequentially'
>>
> I think I was thinking of this differently.  If you have a video where it
> begins with part A, has a part B, and ends with part D, but there is an
> alternate 'angle' for part B called part C, then you could store it like
> this:
>
> [A][B][D][C]
>
> The beginning timecodes of part C would be right after the last timecode of
> part D.  This has the drawback of part C eventually being played in a player
> that doesn't honor Chapters, and also the possibility of a pause that I
> mentioned earlier.

This is not clean timecode-wise at all. We should not enforce the use of
/managed/ chapters to play a multi-angle file. Actually it should play
without chapters.

> Really I think that you should leave all VIDEO tracks labeled as such.  The
> chances of any issues from this are too remotely small to be concerned
> about.  If some player out there does have an issue, then it must not be
> respecting the track's  FlagDefault element and it should be fixed.  No need
> to change the specs.

/me applauses Atamido :)

I forgot about the FlagDefault which is track-type dependant:
" 	Set if the track is the default for its TrackType."