[Matroska-devel] Re: Multi-Angle

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Sep 17 11:44:43 CEST 2004

Mike Matsnev a écrit :

> A few notes:
> * Having different codecs in the same file is rather hard to
>  handle, and I'd avoid it if possible, same for different
>  resolutions.
> * Breaking old apps is a big no-no.

Agreed.

> In light of all this, Mosu's idea looks better. And it allows
> different codecs and resolutions if at some later stage we
> might want this (normal track info will be filled in that case).
>
> So, the only addition to the spec will be a new TrackType, and
> some way to tell the parser in what parts of file what additional
> tracks are available, like adding a list of tracks to the cluster
> header, or to the chapter.

IMO we should look closely at the CuenEntry and seeking functionalities
we'll (not) have with all proposed systems.

Also in Mosu's proposition would the TrackUID and other elements have
the same EBML ID as in other places of the format ? There are pros and
cons for both. But frankly TrackOverlay is not so different and much
more consistent with other existing apps. Any current Matroska player
will only play the first video track anyway.