[Matroska-devel] Request: Roadmaps

Vegard Pettersen vegard_p at broadpark.no
Sat Sep 11 20:55:53 CEST 2004

From the point of view of attempting to find out where I can contribute, I
find it hard to orient myself as to what is going on in the project.

What I would like to see, is a roadmap for each part of the project:
* who is working on what
* which features are they prioritising
* which features are they postphoning (where can I contribute)
* for what reason are they postphoning the features (are they waiting on other
parts of the project)
* what are some of the plans for future development (openings for new
developers, in which they can have a crack at more or less independent work)
* etc.

I would also like to know what channels of communication are used the most -
some people post more or less development news at hydrogenaudio, some post at
corecodecs.com, there is talk of a more-or-less stable IRC-channel (I loathe
IRC as a medium for reliable, archivable information, myself), and then there
is this mailinglist, which seems more or less formal.

Just a few viewpoints,
Vegard Pettersen