[Matroska-devel] Re: I'd like to help work on a matroska API

Vegard Pettersen vegard_p at broadpark.no
Fri Sep 10 15:48:09 CEST 2004

On Friday 10 September 2004 07:39, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Anyway. Which operating system are you using? And what kind of
> experience do you have with programming?

I've got a Major's degree in Software Engineering from Queensland University
of Technology. My interests are C++, perl, linux, and Unicode. Currently I
use SuSE 9.1 on a shuttle.

I am interested in helping out with matroska simply because the concept of
storing metadata in a common container appeals to me. In a perfect world, the
metadata should belong in the filesystem, but we don't and never will live in
such a world, so rather than having a bazillion of different fileformats all
trying to do _too much_ with metadata, one container should find them and
in... well, be sufficient.

If I can help out with the "CD-in-matroska", that would be preferable, as the
music-and-metadata of matroska interests me the most. I've got about 1200 CDs
which I have encoded with fLAC to single files and cue-sheets.

Well, that should tell you a bit about me, and I'm looking forward to working
with you all.

Cheers,
Vegard