[Matroska-devel] AVI convertion please

tnr at ntlworld.com tnr at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 24 13:34:40 CEST 2004

Would you be kind enought to have a .mkv to .avi format convertor please??? IM not intrested in .mkv at all, I have no use for YET ANOTHER container tyope when we already have one, its called AVI and is accepted BY ALL PLAYERS unlike your veryown homebrew.

What IM annoyed about is I spent nearly a month downloading a large file which was labled up as an avi file which turned out to be your .mkv format type and looking at your site you do not offer anything to help me decode the file into a file type thats compatible with my editors, IM not intrested in having to download a special editor or filter but a convertor to change the file into something more useful than the .mkv file type.

BTW, if everyone would just simply understand about video and audio, they would already see that theirs a very tough job on the market to beat, its called .ogm, sits in an .avi container and is read BY ALL players, so yourselves and others who attempt to sway THE standard, will have a hard time.

Sorry your codec does nothing for me, only it has turned me away from the idea because I have a filetype with no way of playing the fucking think, yes IM happy. NOT.

---