[Matroska-devel] tag changes, foo_matroska, CUE sheet conversion

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Oct 18 17:14:04 CEST 2004

Heya,

Toff: I'm updating mkvmerge to conform with the latest tag specs. This
involves three things:

1. DATE does not exist anymore. I'm changing it to DATE_RELEASED.
2. CATALOG is now CATALOG_NUMBER.

Those two are minor, but I do think that changing tags that are already
in use is a bad thing :(

3. LEVEL_TYPE does not exist anymore as a tag. It was replaced by the
   TagTargetTypeValue element below the TagTargets element.

Could you please update foo_matroska accordingly? You can get a new
build from
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/pre/mkvtoolnix-0.9.6-build20041017-1.rar
It should create new files according to the new specs, and it will also
change the tags in old files to match the new specs.

This version does not use the ChapterPhysicalEquiv element because it
still only supports one CD in one Matroska file.

Thanks.

Mosu