[Matroska-devel] Re: Re: Dirac Video Codec

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Wed Oct 6 17:58:01 CEST 2004

"Steve Lhomme" wrote...
Paul Bryson a écrit :
>>>The stars so gaily glistened... (Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:14:31 +0200 @510)
>>>...while the fading voice of Steve whispered through the darkness:
>>>
>>>??>> I just thought that good EBML library, would have some callbacks or
>>>??>> some gates to master application, so application would provide
>>>decoder
>>>??>> (here - password-using decrypter) and thus will generate derived
>>>EBML
>>>??>> sub-stream.

>> I'm not sure how you are differentiating from the current built in specs
>> for encryption.  These could easily be used as a DRM solution if someone
>> so desired.  Currently it allows encrypting just the tracks private data
>> or all of the Blocks individually.
>
> Nop, signature != encryption. And what we have now is only signature
> without encryption. That means you can discard it and still use the file
> as-is.

Did you forget about the ContentEncryption element again?  It allows
encryption of the stream data, or even multiple layers of encryption.  Sure,
only the ContentCompression side of  ContentEncoding has actually been
implemented, but that still doesn't remove the fact that it is already in
the specs, and more than sufficient for a DRM system.

Atamido