[Matroska-devel] Re: Dirac Video Codec

Arioch /BDV/ the_Arioch at nm.ru
Tue Oct 5 16:01:30 CEST 2004

The stars so gaily glistened... (Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:04:11 +0200 @544)
...while the fading voice of Steve whispered through the darkness:

 SL> OK, my point was that it's almost like the signature. In the sense that
 SL> encrypting some parts of a file would probably need the same kind of
 SL> elements.

Ahhh, yes, that is my point too.
But principal difference is that application is passive while inside signature block, and essential while inside encrypted one.

 SL> BTW it makes me think about signing the subjective elements of a tag,
 SL> or maybe even encrypting them.

What is those 'subjective elements' ?
Are them xxx in XML analogue below?

Currently, i think, there is no xxx and yyy and zzz are mutualy exclusive, yes?

 SL> and even better with the special-sub-element I was talking about.

I think there is to be generic suggestion how to implement in EBML xxx, yyy and zzz from the above example.
Especially if someone might like to make EBML equivalent for text XML-based protocol, like SOAP or XMPP.
--
ICQ - xmpp://arioch@jabber.ru  xmpp://93438391@icq.jabber.ru
http://Arioch.nm.ru/FL/Fidolook_SL.png    Mail: the_Arioch<at>nm<dot>ru