[Matroska-devel] Re: Dirac Video Codec

Arioch /BDV/ the_Arioch at nm.ru
Tue Oct 5 12:49:22 CEST 2004

The stars so gaily glistened... (Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:28:18 +0200 @352)
...while the fading voice of Steve whispered through the darkness:

 SL> To be more precise, the frames have a relative timecode to the Cluster.
 SL> The Cluster has an absolute timecode.

I wonder, if for long files, there was sense in 3 levels of hierarchy.
Say,  >>SuperCluster{timecode reltive to file start = absolute}[ ...SubClusters{timecode relative to SuperCluster}(Blocks)]<<

IF such a Supercluster, for example, would have it's own seek table, etc, that maybe could be better for seeking remote(streaming) files.
Also for long files (real long) absolute timecode values might become too long?

--
ICQ - xmpp://arioch@jabber.ru  xmpp://93438391@icq.jabber.ru
http://Arioch.nm.ru/FL/Fidolook_SL.png    Mail: the_Arioch<at>nm<dot>ru