[Matroska-devel] Re: Matroska + Delphi - wanting GStreamer/Win32 ?

Arioch /BDV/ the_Arioch at nm.ru
Mon Oct 4 09:31:09 CEST 2004

The stars so gaily glistened... (Sat, 02 Oct 2004 15:38:54 +0200 @610)
...while the fading voice of Ronald whispered through the darkness:

 ??>> Ronald wrote it. But I'm the one working on the Win32 port. I've
 ??>> compiled GSTreamer and various plugins, including the matroska one.
 ??>> But It's not fully usable yet under Windows. It's too early...

I think about generic ebml, so if this plugin is ready for ebml, but not yet matroska - it is ok to me.
Pity if EBML code is hidden within, so it is Matroska-only.

 RSB> Just to confirm both; I monitor the matroska-devel mailinglist, and I
 RSB> wrote the demuxer, but I can't provide DLLs because I do not have
 RSB> access to any Windows machine. Steve is the person to ask for all
 RSB> GStreamer/Win32-related questions. You can, of course, ask me about
 RSB> bugs and anything in the code and I'll happily answer any other
 RSB> questions that you might have.

So i unkindly ask You :-)
Can You make ebml/mkv code as a separate library with more or less documented API ?

Can Steve then build this library as DLL for Win32  ?

Will this DLL (SO) be usable as EBML parser/composer, or will it oly handle MKV ?

--
ICQ - xmpp://arioch@jabber.ru
http://Arioch.nm.ru/FL/Fidolook_SL.png    Mail: the_Arioch<at>nm<dot>ru