[Matroska-devel] RFC on implementing metadata-handling for per-chapter track-splitting on extraction

Vegard Pettersen vegard_p at broadpark.no
Tue Nov 23 18:18:22 CET 2004

What I am currently looking at, is extracting only parts of a matroska track,
and handling the metadata-modifications that this entails.

As an example, extracting specific CD-tracks for a flac-file with 13 tracks
requires modifications of the file-headers on output and so on.
Since I expect this to be required for other files than flacs, I'm wondering
if you have any views on how to implement this so as for it to be more easily
expandable to handling metadata for all filetypes.

Cheers,
Vegard Pettersen