[Matroska-devel] Re: [Matroska-cvs] [matroska] r953 - trunk/libebml/make/mingw32

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Nov 19 14:04:54 CET 2004

Hey,

> Yes, but when you find a DLL you might think you can use it with any
> other Windows program. When you find a .a or .so file you know it won't
> work with your MS compiler...

Uhm... Huh? How is that an argument? My runtime package has always
contained such a DLL, but certainly not the headers. I will NOT put such
a stupid warning into my runtime package because it is just that, a
runtime package.

The libebml downloads we offer on the other hand do NOT contain a
DLL. So I don't see your point that an existing DLL might confuse
someone... because there ain't one in the official lib* downloads.

> Well, your logic implies noone will ever use it anyway.

That was my intention, yes. Sad but true.

(Maybe not so sad. Mingw is hardly the most convenient programming
environment on Windows.)

Mosu