[Matroska-devel] adding a 'forced display' flag?

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Nov 17 11:27:19 CET 2004

Alexander Noe' a écrit :

>>> I don't...

>>> That's exactly what I consider inacceptable.
>>

>> What you don't like is the way you can't get rid of it in DVDs. Which
>> is _very_ unlikely to happen with Matroska. Especially since we add
>> features for users, so if they don't like it they will use an older
>> version of the software...
>

> Yeah, add new stuff so that people have more reason to use older
> versions :oOOOOOOOOOOOO

Like 64 bits floats ?

Anyway, Matroska's goal has always been to be feature rich. And at least
have the same one as on DVDs, just with more flexibility. So this force
flag is exactly what could achieve this. You could see the same content
as on your DVD, with the same features or with more freedom...