[Matroska-devel] CodecPrivate for MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Nov 16 17:05:29 CET 2004

Steve Lhomme schrieb:

> IMO it's one or the other... Only in the CodecPrivate look logical to
> me. That would make concatenation cleaner.

IIRC thats not correct, because sequence header can change many times
during the track/movie. If you consider the right solution being the one
thats ideal for concatenation or editing, then the sequence header
should be left inside the frame IMO, even if this means a bit less
saving on overhead compared to MPEG container.

But, i am pretty sure all this has been discussed many times already,
even here on this list.