[Matroska-devel] CodecPrivate for MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Nov 16 16:54:12 CET 2004

Hey,

> >Well, that's quite a change. Because so far we always assume the
> >CodecPrivate is filled for each CodecID.

Nope. Simply take MP3, PCM or even the RealVideo codecs -- the
CodecPrivate is empty for all of those.

> I accidentally replied privately to Mosu, but windows mpeg1/2 decoders
> require the sequence header in the media type's format block,

Ok, then let's do what spyder has done as well and put the first
sequence header into the CodecPrivate. However, the sequence header will
not be removed from the first frame.

I just want to have an agreement on the topic.

Mosu

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)