[Matroska-devel] adding a 'forced display' flag?

Alexander Noe' alexander.noe at s2001.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Nov 16 15:45:14 CET 2004

Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:

>> Why exactly do you want to add a possibility to make broken and
>> useless files?
>> Alex
>

> So you believe DVDs with forced subs are all broken ?

Some are. Basicly, all DVDs only containing natural languages in combination
with forced subs are.

> Jesus Alex, Steve was making a valid proposal.

Jesus yourself

> Do you really think it is helpful to insult him to find out what the
> best option is?

Wessie!

> After all, we are trying hard to find a way for offering the same
> menue functionalities than DVDs, but in a single file. As a result of
> that, we should make up our mind how to treat forced subs, dont you
> agree ?

Yeah, how to treat them, not how to annoy the user with them.

> In the end, the player dev can always decide to override that if he
> doesnt like it.

Ah, so you DO agree with me, but you just wanted to say sth....

You should really read the last messages again: How shall a player override
it if it can't be overridden??

Alex