[Matroska-devel] adding a 'forced display' flag?

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Nov 16 15:37:18 CET 2004

Alexander Noe' schrieb:

> Steve Lhomme wrote:
>
>> Well. The force feature should be like in DVDs for subtitles. You
>> have no option to disable some kind of subs.
>

> Why exactly do you want to add a possibility to make broken and
> useless files?
> Alex

So you believe DVDs with forced subs are all broken ? Jesus Alex, Steve
was making a valid proposal. Do you really think it is helpful to insult
him to find out what the best option is ? After all, we are trying hard
to find a way for offering the same menue functionalities than DVDs, but
in a single file. As a result of that, we should make up our mind how to
treat forced subs, dont you agree ? In the end, the player dev can
always decide to override that if he doesnt like it.