[Matroska-devel] New Build of MPC with internal splitters disabledby default ?

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Mon Nov 1 12:04:03 CET 2004

Hi,

Did you check MPC 6.4.8.3 cvs versions that can correctly
open newer MKV muxed by mkvmerge 0.9.5+?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29798&perpage=20&pagenumber=94

MPC that can play newer MKV by itself is a lot better
than using old MPC with disabled old internal filter.

BTW, altho I know I'm talking about what I shouldnt do,
if you really wanted to do so,
the Matroska Pack (installer) could disable MPC's internal
MatroskaSplitter forcefully in this hackish way:

LPCTSTR lpszKeyMPCSettings = "Software\\Gabest\\Media PlayerClassic\\Settings";
LPCTSTR lpszValueName = "SrcFilters";
HKEY hKeyMPCSettings = NULL;

RegOpenKeyEx( HKEY_CURRENT_USER,
				lpszKeyMPCSettings, 0,
				KEY_ALL_ACCESS, &hKeyMPCSettings );

RegQueryValueEx( hKeyMPCSettings,
	lpszValueName, NULL,
	&dwType,
	bytes,
	&dwBytes );

// Read the Current Settings for SrcFIlters
dwCurrentData = MAKEWPARAM( MAKEWORD( bytes[ 0 ], bytes[ 1 ]
 ), MAKEWORD( bytes[ 2 ], bytes[ 3 ] ) );

// Alter the data to disable MatroskaSplitter
dwNewData = ( dwCurrentData & 0xFFFFFFBF );

bytes[ 0 ] = LOBYTE( LOWORD( dwNewData ) );
bytes[ 1 ] = HIBYTE( LOWORD( dwNewData ) );
bytes[ 2 ] = LOBYTE( HIWORD( dwNewData ) );
bytes[ 3 ] = HIBYTE( HIWORD( dwNewData ) );

// Write that hacked data without asking the user :P
RegSetValueEx( hKeyMPCSettings, lpszValueName, 0, REG_DWORD,
bytes, 4 );

RegCloseKey( hKeyMPCSettings );

I know this is noobish, bad, too violent way to do things,
so please dont get angry...^^;

Liisachan