[Matroska-devel] Re: Gstreamer and matroska -theopensource answer to VideoforWindows/AVI and Quicktime/MOV ?

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Mar 19 09:34:22 CET 2004

> The only codec that I have ever seen in Ogg is Vorbis, although I understand
> that it actually supports a few other Xiph endorsed audio codecs.  Where is this
> Ogg Video file that you speak of?  (remembering of course that Ogg != OGM)

Just as a reminder for us (and how somehow long history), Xiph once
promised to come up with a spec for video content in Ogg and that OGM
was close to what they have in mind. It was at least 6 months ago and
nothing happened. Now figure out where the vapourware comes out. ;) (no
I will never forgive them for this state of mind)